Sunday, January 3, 2016

Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie

Well is everyone getting settled into the new year yet?  It just seems like another day or days.  :)

Okay to catch up on the last couple of days -
On Friday after a nap - I finished the stitchery for the pillow I'm making for a friends birthday.  And did a little more sewing on the doll bags I started on Tuesday.

Yesterday - I went to "Strip Club" at the local quilt shop.  I intended to finish quilting the pattern "Poinsettia" from last month, but that didn't happen,  I took it anyway and showed what I had quilted so far.  The pictures were taken before I buried the threads.  I got all for squares done and part of the sashing.  I need to do the inner border and then the outer border and it will be done.  :)



Here is a picture of the quilt pattern she had for this month.  I just love the colors.  It was made using a special ruler that I actually have this time, Yeah!  But the pattern shows how to use a regular 12x12 ruler if you don't have one.  I don't need another project, but I may do this one down the road.  


Then after I got home - I finished the pillow.  I made the pillow form with muslin and polyfil and then I made the pillow cover that can be taken off and washed if needed. 


She is a cat lover, and loves lavender so I think she'll really like this. 

Then after I finished that I got back to work on the little doll stuff.  I finished the fish bag and made a little quilt to go with it.  I didn't have anymore of the fish fabric so I couldn't make my regular quilt I make for the bags, so I picked out colors that matched the fish and made this one.  

I'm having trouble getting the little baby dolls I normally use for my doll bags.  My Sister got me some little dolls - actually tiny dolls.  :)  and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make little clothes for them.  But I wanted to at least give it a try.   I took off the little dress it had on which is the blue one and viola -  I was able to make a "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie"  dress - the one in pink.  
Which now gives me some ideas for how to make a dress for some larger dolls I got.  Hmmm good things can come from small packages after all.  :)  

Okay well that's all I got done yesterday before grocery shopping and dinner.  

Today I want continue with the doll bags and make more little dresses and nighties.  
And Tomorrow is Mystery Monday - We haven't had it for a couple of months so I'm looking forward to it.  I'll have to let you know what Mystery we have tomorrow. 

Hope you're having a great day. 
Blessings - Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...