Monday, June 20, 2016

Heated Monday

With the temperature so high outside it's a great excuse for me to stay in and get some sewing and stitching done.  It got up to 120 according to the temp on our phones and the internet.   And it has felt like a blast furnace every time we have ventured outside.
I have been on a roll the last few days and I hope it can keep up. Yesterday I was able to get the 3rd block of the Bee-Utiful QAL prepped and I started stitching on it.  This is how far I got last night while watching a movie.

The pink flower filled with chain stitch took a little bit of time.  But I have never done that before and it's a great look.

Today I wanted to tackle at least one of the scavenger blocks, but before I started on that, I put the binding on the bee hive wall hanging.




 So once that was done I,got busy on the scavenger block.  Junes clues are "Any Star Block, Snowball and Musical Notes - so I started pulling out some fabric and mixing and matching. .  Well I made some 1/2 square triangles because I wanted to make a friendship star.

So with the fabric being put into a star - I only have the snowball left.  Hmm

Well here's what I came up with. 

It actually came together pretty quick.  I colored the block with colored pencils, then outlined with one strand of black embroidery floss. 

Then I still had a little time to play so I got busy putting things together for a tote bag I'm making for a gift.  I cut out the outside pieces and attached some batting to it.  Then cut out the lining.  Then I made some pockets and added some Decor Bond to them to give them some stability, and sewed them to the lining.  


The material looks shiny in this picture but it's not -it's actually just quilters cotton. 

After that it was time to make dinner and pardon me but - it was yummy. Pan fried steak, a small baked potato,and steamed cauliflower with basil and Parmesan.  
Now, I think I'll kick back watch some TV and work some more on the Bee-utiful Block pictured above.  Hope you've had a Blessed day.  
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...