Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Slow and Steady

I always liked the story of the Tortoise and the Hare.  I used to have a statement I would tell myself at times "Slow and Steady, Aware and Ready".  I can get very caught up in the go go go mode, trying to accomplish stuff, when in reality, if I just keep going at a steady pace, I'll still get things done and be way more relaxed.  That's how the last few days have been.  I have felt like I've been in slow motion, but in reality I am still getting stuff done.  
Lots of binding - I finished putting binding on all of the retreat quilt signs. 
I did them by machine both sides, but one of these signs was 100 inches long.. Whew.  :)
I'm also working on finishing up the hand stitching of binding on the last few fabric bowls. 
Then I had already cut out 3 of the 3 yard quilts to do at the retreat, however they are made using strip sets and then needed additional cutting, so I did them and the cutting. 

I also got the backing and binding on the "Fall" Table mat that I'm doing for my friend Cheryl, which is my One Monthly Goal - so I'll post that later. 
So now that I'm looking at stuff... The slow tortoise prevailed and got stuff done.  :)
Have a blessed day!
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...