Wednesday, May 15, 2013

April Still had UFO's

Hello- 

Well April still has UFO's - because I didn't finish one.  :(  But I did have a very busy month and I did accomplish a lot of things including a little sewing. 

1st off we finally sold our home - yahoo!  So this meant more sorting, boxing, tossing  Whew - oh ya and then unpack....  And I don't know about anybody else but after staying in one home for 15+ years - even as good as we were about not having a lot of clutter - we had clutter. :) It has been a blessing all the way - but there was still lots of work and arrangements to coordinate. We've been in our new place for about a month now and I just now feel like we are starting to get back into routines (new ones :) )

Okay so on to the sewing stuff -  I made a mini quilt for my Doll Quilt Swap partner - She likes brights and polka dots and Kaffe Fassett material oh and paper piecing... So trying to fit most all of that in - here is the mini quilt I made her: 

She said she really liked it and already has it hung up on her wall. 

Next I am part of a group that swaps pincushions.  This month (April) I  had 3 in my group and this what I made.  Then of course I like to send goodies with my quilt swaps so I made the additional pincushion and little dolly to go with the mini quilt above.


So as you can see - I wasn't totally slacking.

The first couple of weeks of May have been a blurr -  My sweet hubby and I have been trying to get back in the grove of things.  I have however made a mini Quilt for a swap from the Quilting Gallery called "Dreaming of Spring" and I did get it in the mail by the deadline.  It is going to Austria.  :)

This is what I did and I even did a little free motion quilting on it.  I really need practice.  I have signed up for Leah Day's class on Craftsy but haven't had time to do any of it.  Maybe soon. 

I have also started a quilt for my May Doll Quilt Monthly partner.  No pictures yet on that, don't want to spoil the surprise. 

Well hope everyone is enjoying the month and whatever sewing projects they are working on.

Blessings -

Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Wow, lovely projects. I recently finished a doll quilt and love working with that size. Gives me a chance of actually finishing.

    I was looking at Leah Day's classes the other day and have added her to my wish list. Don't know which to take as they all look good. I have more than a dozen quilt tops waiting to be quilted. A class would be a terrific nudge.

    ReplyDelete

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...