Scavenger Block for SNR Guild. February Items are Basket, Shamrock and Turtle. I have some Ideas already. Completed. I wanted to weave both the Turtle shell and the basket but it didn't work like I wanted it to. I also have some turtle fabric that I may put around the border. I have until March 8th, so we'll see.
Well this is one of the items that went a little unexpected - I did quilt one item so I guess that would be considered a goal met. However it was not Beehive Baby. I ended up making an all new baby quilt for my husbands friend's little girl. She is 4 months old. So it's not the one I originally stated but it is a quilted item so I guess it counts.
So this one didn't get done
6. Continue on with Woodsy Quilt Bears. I want to finish the tracing and at least start fusing to the appropriate colors of fabric. Nope I didn't get to this one this month.
UFO Busting. I will work on the UFO that is picked by the random number. Goal Met. (Barely)
This is the one that was picked. I did make a little progress on it - but very little. Glad I have another chance for it sometime this year.
#5 and 11 My Favorite Things
Here is what I got completed. I had intended to work on it at the cottage on Friday's however with the quilt show one weekend and the retreat the next that wiped out 2 of my potential sewing days to work on it. Then the only remaining Friday was Charity Friday so I only had one day of stitching that I actually worked on it.
I finished the whip stitches and got the leaves on the two branches on the right. Sad but true!
Ok moving on.
Power sewing - :) - I have a retreat on the 18th thru the 21st. I want to take a couple more of my UFO's and see if I can knock them down. I really should just take one thing and just see if I can get that one thing done, but I'll pack several and see what I come up with. Here's what I think I'll take, but reserve the right to change my mind. Goal is to make good progress on what I take.
I took this one-
Snowman Collector - I have 8 or 10 blocks fused, and about 4-6 top stitched. This is my second oldest UFO. I know that because it was one of Two of my very first BOM's. Which means I probably started this in 2010. So it would be very nice to get this done. :) The other older UFO is a quilt as you go that I should have been done with then. Ha!
Here is the progress I made on this one - I top stitched the ones on the top and bottom row.
I didn't take the other two projects I thought I would but ......
I took the next goal on my list.
9. I want to work on and finish or be close to finishing the train quilt for our grandson Caleb. He will be 6 at the beginning of March, it would be nice if I could have that done for his Birthday. I may end up taking it to the retreat.
I'm not real close to finishing so I guess I didn't meet this goal.
Here is the progress I made at the retreat.
I got the panel trimmed and put the 5 borders on. Then I fused some of the trains on but then I stopped so I could position the letters on it and then put the other trains on it.
I explained all that here in my post about the retreat.
Make up instructions for Arm Chair pincushion. Due by 2/23. Completed
Here are the Tea towels that I have gotten prepped and have started working on for gifts:
Here is the thread catcher pin cushion that I made for a gift for a friend. It's got a strap and a little pair of scissors.
And a matching Needle Book.
And here are the security blankets that I made at the cottage for charity Friday. These are to give to babies and children that are being taken out of their homes to hang on to for security.
I also brought home 2 more to do and am going to make up some from the flannel I have here at home too.
I didn't get everything done - but I did do a lot. I also noticed that I did stuff that wasn't on the goal list. Which is going to help me with the next couple of month's list.
So what's up for March?
In March my brother in law will be here for a couple of weeks and on the 31st I will we leaving to go to Oregon to see Sister. We will also be visiting my Dad and visiting our youngest daughter and the grand kids. I will be gone for 11 days so I will be using part of March to cook ahead for my hubby and also to prep for the trip. That being said, my list is still long.
1. March SNR Guild Scavenger Hunt Block - Mittens, Black Bird and Golf Tees.
2. UFO Buster # _____________ TBA
3. Gifts - Continue with gift making. Work on the dish towels and other things as they come up. I am making a sewing mat for my friend Ronnie I'll be using this fabric here.
4. Quilt Something. Not sure what - It can be little or big - just do some quilting is better than not at all. I'd like to finish the Poinsettia quilt or do the Beehive Baby... But any progress towards getting these tops done will be awarded. :)
5. Buttermilk Basin is doing a BOM "Let it Snow" Finish the E block and prep the T Block.
6. Something came up. - I always have something that comes up - or something that catches my Eye that I just really want to work on that wasn't part of the plan - So I'm Planning for the Un-Planned. I'll let you know if something comes up and what it ends up being. :)
7. Cooking - I need to prepare food to cover while I'm at the retreat for 3 days for my
husband and Brother-in-law. Then at the end of the month I will be gone for 11 days. From 3/31 - 4/10. I know my hubby will eat out some while I'm gone - I just don't want it to be every meal. So I need to Prep a few items for breakfasts, lunches and dinners that he can microwave. He does not cook at all - coffee - that is it. :)
8. SNR Guild - we are having a hand quilting workshop. We made this block this month it is paper pieced and is not finished. We'll finish our blocks and then Hand quilt them.
9. CRQ Guild - we are having a cut n Fold Candle Mat at the end of the month. At least start it. It will look similar to this.
10. New - Unplanned - Much like #6 I seem to always have a new project that comes up that I want to do or need to do - like make a baby quilt in a weekend - :) so I am giving myself the option to start something new that is unplanned. If I don't it won't count against me.
11. Retreat - I have another retreat this month. I am not sure what to bring. It won't be as long as this last one was - we had Thursday evening thru Sunday afternoon. This one is Friday mid morning until Sunday around noon. Here are a few of my ideas of things to work on:
Caleb's Train Quilt
Twas the Night Before Christmas
I'll have to let you know what I decide to do. I have too many UFO's to choose from. LOL
12. Blogging - As often as I can - and shoot for a minimum of 8 times.
Well I've given myself a couple of "Not Like I Planned" outs this month and tried not to be so rigid so I can wiggle a little but still listing things to help me stay a little focused too.
And of course I'll keep you posted along the way.
Have a Blessed Month.