Friday, February 26, 2016

Creative Sewing and Cooking

Yesterday I got a little time in my sewing room.  I had another order for a Baby Doll - Doll in a bag so I got that finished up.

Here she is in her little dress.  She's not sitting very lady like.  :)


And here she is in her Nightie with her quilt, blanket, pillow, dress, jumpsuit and of course her Bag.  
Then when I was done with that I worked on a Thread Catcher - Pin Cushion that I started on Tuesday.  I did the hand stitching last night and now it is already to go.  
I've made one similar to this but this was the first time with this pattern.  It was relatively easy and I think I'll make some more for gifts.  It has the little pocket to put your scissors in and the strap to hold the scissors.  I'm really liking it.  
Then is was time for dinner.  We usually have a salad with our dinner and I was too lazy to go to the store.  We're trying to keep our carbs down so I was thinking about what else I could make.  So I'm looking at this flavored rice mix thinking it could be a cheat night- until I looked at the calories for 1/2 cup serving  - (who eats only 1/2 cup of flavored rice - oops I don't)  Nah I'll pass on that.  So then I thought about the tomato and cucumber salad that has the oil and vinegar dressing.  We love that.  So that is what I made.  It's funny how missing a few items in the fridge or pantry can bring out my creativity.  Too bad I couldn't do that all the time I love cooking - just struggle with what to make.  
We had BBQ'd meat a couple days ago and so I warmed us each up a piece of meat, and made the veggies - it was very good.  And Hubby loved the Tomato, Cucumber salad. 

Today I'm headed to the cottage - it's charity day and we are making security blankets for children that are taken out of their homes.  They are given the blanket to hang on to and hug when they are scared. 
Have a super great Blessed Day!
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...