Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Finish

This is a wall hanging that I wanted to finish this fall to hang up before Thanksgiving - but life happens. :)  I've been working on it for awhile in a class that we have once a month called "Woolies" and most of the time only worked on it there, but it was close and I wanted it done so finished it up. I was able to get it done right around Christmas time and though it's not Christmasy- I wanted to display and enjoy for a while.

 
Normally a wool wall hanging is just blanket stitched around the edge but I actually backed it with another piece of black wool - then bound it with the rust color.  I blanket stitched it on the front, mitered the corners and then whip stitched the back.  I'm very happy with it and since I made it for myself (rare) I am happy. 

Thanks for looking,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...