Yahoo First NewFO of 2014
For some reason January seemed like a long month. And I felt like a did a lot however when I sat down to think about what all I had done my mind went blank. (I know I left myself open on that one) So I'll just start and maybe more will come.
1. I did a tutorial for a couple different needle keeps for my pin cushion group. One was pretty basic and one had pocket and places to put some added tools.
2. Next - Was my Doll Quilt for the Monthly Doll Quilt Swap -
This months theme was try something new - so I used all Batiks, used one big quilt square, and no applique. I also made her a matching mug rug to go with it.
3. I started the first of "Berties Year" block. They are designed to be individual mats. Or can be put together as a quilt. They are designed by Bonnie Sullivan, a local Oregon designer from "All through the Night" in Salem.
All the blocks mats put together:
Here is what the first block / mat should look like when it's done:
And here is my start to it:
The pattern calls to make it in flannel, however the last time I tried to do applique with wool on flannel I had a hard time needling it. So I went with cotton background and the wool applique. If I can keep up I could have the quilt top together at the end of the year. So guess we'll see if this New FO, becomes a UFO. :)
4. And of course I made pincushions for my monthly swap. I didn't take a picture of the two I sent off, but here is the one I kept:
5. And this year I decided I wanted to try doing the RSC14 Rainbow Scrap Challenge
each month she give you color and you make something you want to out of scraps. I decided to do a pattern that I got from Fat Cat Patterns for free that is all different style of purses. This month's color was blue and here is my 1st block:
It still needs the top stitching done!
I did start another BOM that uses scraps of Batik's, And I have more stuff planned for February so we'll see what NewFO's I can come up with for it.
Have a Blessed Day!