Sunday, December 31, 2017

Year End finishes New Year Plans.

Last two little finished for the year. Since surgery I have only been doing hand sewing.  And with all my wool projects, I have plenty of it.  Hubby wants to wait and see what the doctor has to say about me sewing and quilting on my machine.  I don't think it would be strenuous, but they said no pushing, pulling and lifting so I think he's really taking that to heart.  :)  I love that he loves me that much!   
In October - I got a book of embroidery patterns with snowmen.  Well I took a couple of the designs and made them into this wool candle mat for my Sister. 
Then  I worked on this wool wall hanging or table topper.  The pattern made it into an oval penny rug, but I liked it better this way.  
Aren't they Cute?  I think so!  
Hey it's the last day of 2017 Wow.   
So the planner in me is already thinking of the hundreds of items I would like to work on in the new year.  
*I really want to work on Christmas items through out the year.  I have so many  Christmas patterns and ufo's I want to get some them done. It seems like there is only a few months to work on Christmas items each year as you gear up for the big day and then poof it's over.  Then you're left with the items you didn't get done and ah hmm the few new items you acquired that were cuter than cute.  So this year I want to work on one Christmas item as a time through out the year in hopes of getting more of them done. Here are a few of them. Some are started and are UFO's and some are want to do's. 










And if that isn't enough, I want to make this pattern 
Using this fabric.
Oh and there is more. I have this fabric to make place mats and a topper just not sure if I'll do it this way or differently.
But one project at a time. 
*Then beyond my Christmas stuff.  I have one UFO that I started probably maybe 9 years ago.  It's called Wool Ark Crazy.  I'm sure I've listed it as one of my UFO's before - Well I sew each Friday at the Cottage.  So I am taking it every Friday that I go and only working on it until it is done.  
Here is the background -  I'll be doing the crazy stitches between each wool piece  first and then I'll be doing the animal applique.
*Keeping with the theme of getting things done and cleaned up - I want to use up some of my scraps.  I'm not really a scrappy quilt person but I've been looking at a few coordinated scrappy quilts and so I want to do a few of them to downsize my scrap drawers. This will help with Charity Quilts.
*Then for my other projects through  out the year - I want to make a few quilts for family.  
The Bear quilt is definitely a big one I will be working on. And some of the kids haven't gotten quilts from me, Bri, Filip, Jorden, Zach, Taya. And a couple got baby quilts but they need bed size ones now.  Carter will be 8 this March. Not sure how many of those I'll bust out but want to try.  
* If I have any time left - I have a few other patterns and kits I want to make.  Plus....there are still embroidery UFO's, there are quilts to be quilted ....
I'm sure I wont be lacking for things to do this upcoming year.  
As much as I love my sewing - and I'm incredibly blessed to have so many projects that I want to do - my biggest wish for all of my friends and family this next year - I want everyone to be healthy and happy and blessed.  Have a super fun safe New Year's Eve - God Bless you all!
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...