Sunday, March 8, 2020

Spring in Spring

I am what we call Judy's retreat, she calls it camp.  Any way I'm happy to be able to join in with my friends and sew again.  This time I brought only hand stitching.  I have so much of it and so many UFO's that need hand work, that I could do 2-3 years of retreats and only do hand work and I might be caught up.  Excuse me while I have a laughing fit. :).  Uh hmm.. Okay back to my post.  I'm working on the wool "Spring" table mat that I'm doing for my friend Cheryl. It is also my OMG for the month so I wanted to stay focused on it even though I brought 4 other UFO's to work on.  Here's how it looked before I started which is the same as it did in the last post. 
And here's what I'm getting done. I needed to finish 6 of the yellow flower tops on this one.
Then I did this - 

Next was this one - I really like it a lot.
That's what I was able to get done by Friday night before we all left for dinner. 



Yesterday didn't go as quick, but I had a lot of interruptions.  Phone calls, lots of texts, chatting a tutorial of a dragon fly... I'll show that later.  


 After completing the last three seams of crazy stitches I did some bees in the center. 
And here is the completed top.  Later in the month I'll be linking this up to OMG over at Elm Street Quilts.  I stayed focused on it because it was my 

One Monthly Goal.  This morning as we finish out the rest of the retreat I'll be working on my February Stitch a long hosted by Crabapple Hill Designs.  I let you know later How I do on that.
Have a great day, Blessings - Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...