Sunday, May 16, 2021

Little Bits

 I'd like to go back and recap the last 4 1/2 months that I've been MIA - but that would take too long.  It's what keeps me from posting at times, cause I think I need to do a week by week post.  I think I don't have time for that, and then I go another month with out posting anything.  There is not a lot to show - I only sew or hand stitch one to two days a week, there are only little bits. 
I'll try to do a brief overview of the last few months, to recap for myself and whoever is reading.  
Since my last post on January 17th (OMG)  I made some face masks (glad they're almost done with). 
I have continued to go to my friend Cheryl's house on the Monday's I get off from work.
Here are some things friend Gloria did..

and Sis Randi did..


First part of February it was my turn to bring dessert and I made what's called Lemon Burst Poke Cake  wow - it is very very good.  Google the recipe.   

Then Randi and I decided (after the fact) that we would do the February Embroidery Stitch a Long that Meg Hawkey from Crabapple Hill Designs puts on every year.  Here is the design of how she did it this year.  We decided to do it all on one piece of fabric.  We got started on it around the 14th of the month.  Better late than never I guess. 
Been working on it, on my Monday's off - Little Bits at a time. 











I have also been working on more of the zipper bags to give to everyone under the sun.  



*


In March I made one of my childhood desserts... It's vanilla wafers, with banana's then banana pudding, and more banana's and whip cream. 
I made a pot of Chili Verde from scratch (roasted tomatillo's and all)  wow it was awesome.
I took my Sis to lunch and to get a pedicure for her Birthday!
Mom-in-law came to stay with us for a little bit.  At the end of February and then again at the end of March, which she is still here.  She discovered a flood in our guest bathroom.  Since then we had to tear up the sub floor and rip out the whole bathroom.  Mom-in-law has re-located to the sewing room.  It will be July before we can get the room fixed.  :/
I entered a wool swap which helped me get in and get something done.  Here is the little table topper/wall hanging I did. 
My friend Cheryl gave me this kit to give her. 
I gave her some patterns, floss and buttons - 
First part of April - Sis and Brother-in-law, went back to their other home (they are snowbirds) And I went to a quilting retreat with my friend Cheryl.   



I made little purses for my great granddaughters, pincushion scrap bags for Ciara my granddaughter, friend Cheryl and as an extra gift for the wool swap.

This one is for Ciara
For Cheryl



For my swap partner - I added some wool embellishments.
See!
I've continued to go to Cheryl's house on Mondays and have been doing hand stitching on either my February embroidery or the wool swap or now I am working on my Garden quilt .. this one 
The one below is the one Cheryl is working on when working on wool. 
On mine, I have the pot of flowers done, 
now I'm working on this block. 
Tomorrow instead of going to Cheryl's, we are going to the Cottage.  I haven't been there in about a year (you know covid - and work)  So hopefully now that I've done a little catch-up I can make a little post here and there to journal what I've been up to in the quilting world. 
Have a blessed day,
Lynn 



No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...