Friday, July 29, 2022

Hello out there

 Hey, it's been a really long time since I've posted.  I think about it all the time - not obsessively but often.  I am just very limited on time anymore.  

A very mini recap of the last year (maybe longer) - and maybe some pictures along the way.  

In October of 2021 I was able to go to a retreat with my one of my best friends Cheryl.  I had applied for another position at work - and was waiting for the answer while I was there.  I got it.  I am the HR Manager now.  Well, the last 6 months have been a challenge for sure.  I didn't get a lot of training from the prior person before they left and it's going a little slower than I want but I'm getting there. :)  Lots to do and scheduling is a full-time job on it's own.  UPDATE: I started this post in May 2022 - who knows when it will post but as of end of July 2022 job is finally getting easier.  As a bonus to help me, I am going to Cottonwood in Sept to do some additional training that I hope makes it even easier. 

As I mentioned in my last post (May of 2021) Mom in law came to stay with us for a little bit.  And now a year later I can say she is permanently with us.  She is comfortable with us.  I could make a whole post about this topic but she's 92 (as of March '22) and she needs a little extra attention.  We have her on a routine and it's calm here so it's good for her.   

Quilting - well it's very limited, but over the last year I have managed to do some hand embroidery and wool applique... and I got a few other things done too. I made a baby quilt for my newest great grandson. Marcus   


In June I made a baby quilt for a friend of mine at work that had a baby

I had fun free motion quilting this panel.  


 and another lady that is super sweet.  

Then I made one for a manager at work that had a baby last Oct.  

My Sister and husband are still snow-birding here in Arizona.  They come first part of October and leave the first part of April.   She and I did the February National Month of Embroidery that Meg Hawkey from Crabapple Hill Designs hosts.  I finished the embroidery part a couple weeks ago now I just need to get a border on it.    Update it is done:   Someday I'll post a picture of it.   

Now working to finish last years - who knows by the time I post this it may be done too.  :)

Most of my sewing has happened at the cottage on Saturdays (since the job change) and a lot of hand work. I was working on a Halloween quilt   

 I got a few blocks done before my Sister and I ventured off to do the February Embroidery challenge. 

I also got sucked into doing the Boho Heart Quilt that a lot of people in this area were doing.  I have almost all the blocks cut out and over 20 blocks sewn together. 





And lately June/July I have been into making Crazy wool needle books.  I'm almost done with three of them, and have two new ones to start. I am making one for most of my friends that go to the cottage each week to sew.  :) I even made one for a online wool swap.  



My Granddaughter graduated from High School first part of June - I flew up for a long weekend to be able to celebrate with them. 

Other news... Hubby and I have been going to church again.  Found one that we really like that is similar to the one we used to go to.  We are really enjoying it.  Been going for a little over a year now. Feels good to be back in fellowship. 

I think I will end here and actually post.  I started this in May and finishing it at end of July.  There's so much more that has gone on in the last year and half, but maybe they'll come out in future posts.  
Have a blessed day - whoever reads this. 
Lynn  

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...