Sunday, January 17, 2021

A Monday and A Sunday

On Sunday the 10th I got a day off and was able to go over to my friend Cheryl's house with my Sister and friend Gloria.  Cheryl has a long quilting machine and we had discussed me quilting one of the charity quilts that I made last year at one of the retreats.  So she already had it loaded when I got there.  So I got to long arm quilt 2 charity quilts.  Yay!!!  I've always wanted one and someday I'll get one but boy can you get a quilt done quick on one of those.  For my first one I did loops and meandering.  
Then on my 2nd one I wanted to try a pantograph so we loaded a couple of pieces of whole cloth.  The top had leaves so I picked a pano with leaves.  Makes sense right.  LOL  
Here is it on the machine - 

Here it is done - don't zoom in too much I think for my first attempt it's not too bad.  

I did discover you need to chill on trying to follow the Pantograph so close, that causes you to jerk a little, you kinda just need to go with the flow of it.  
All and all I was happy with my work.  I have been working a little bit in the evenings on my embroidery - I got the people in the sleigh done.  whew that took forever.  I'll show pictures of that later, since it's my OMG.  
I had today off  Sunday 1/17.  I tweaked a muscle in my back so didn't want to do anything too strenuous, but I was able to make a couple more of the little zipper bags.  These are for a friend at work.  

I want to make a few more of these but they take a special zipper so I need to stock up.  
For the rest of the day , I took a nap, a walk and then made dinner.  
That's it for now,  need to finish up and wind down, going back to work tomorrow.  
Have a blessed evening and I'll check back in a few days.
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...