Sunday, September 4, 2016

Hankies and Dollies

What does a Hankie, a Spool of Thread and Something Plaid have in  common?  A scavenger hunt block!  :)  


I got the other two scavenger blocks topstitched also.  

Sewing Notion/Tool - Zig Zag - Acorns



Apple - Roman Numeral 9 - Dragon Fly


 Friday is normally my day to go to the cottage, but they were out of town so we had a no sew day.  (There at least)  So I took advantage of my home time and got to work on my scavenger blocks.  These are the last ones, so this part is done.  Now I need to decide if I actually want to combing them into a quilt.  Jury is still out on that one.  

Yesterday - I worked on my Doll in a Bag sets I need to get done for the craft fair in October.  If you have been following me for a year or better you know what they are but to recap - it's a little baby doll with a tote bag, a quilt, blanket, pillow and pillow case, a nitegown and matching bonnet and a dress and matching bonnet.  It took a large portion of the day to cut out all the parts for 3 sets.  

Then I took a couple hours and got most of one set done.  I still need to make the dress and matching bonnet and this set will be done.  

Hubby is golfing today so I will be working on finishing up this set and trying to get the other two done. 

After that, I have a larger doll that has her clothes done but needs the quilt, blanket and bag made.  Then I will be ready for the craft fair unless I want to make additional items to sell. I may make up some extra bags and quilts to sell without the dolls and additonal clothes - but have not made up my mind on that yet.  

Well Have a Blessed day - Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...