Sunday, October 8, 2017

Good Start and High Hopes

My goals this month are a little on the light side.  I think I really just have maybe one goal and a lot of want to work on projects, or WIP's.  I've been really happy with my free motion quilting practice lately, (even though I still have a ways to go). So I want to keep going with it. I recently finished quilting the sheep quilt for my great granddaughter and then went to sew with my friends at the cottage on Friday.  There was another small charity Christmas quilt someone had pieced - that Annette and I had kited with backing, batting and binding in hopes someone would take and finish.  Well I volunteered to take it and got it pinned while I was there. Then I was on such a roll, I came home and pinned two more tops to have ready to go.  A Fall Wall hanging and a Java table runner.  First up - Fall. I started quilting the tree and was doing good when I realized the corner of the backing had flipped under and I had quilted it to the back.  GRRRR  :)  Sew after Un- sewing that.... here it is.   
I've had this top done for probably 5 years.  Here's how it looks from the back. 
Next up - the charity Christmas quilt I pinned at the cottage.  I am working on my meandering.  Strangely it does not come natural to me.  Also, my friend Patty freed me, she said what is the quilt going to be used for.  So even though it's a charity quilt I could practice fancy quilting on - it's also one that may be washed a lot and just needs to be quilted. So meandering should be just fine. 
I forgot to take a picture of the back it was the same fabric as the binding.  I took it to the cottage on Friday and got the binding done so left it there. That's pretty good for me.  I have tops that are years old and to think I pinned, quilted and bound a quilt in a week is a good sign. I'm encouraged to think I might be able to get that quilt top pile down to a manageable level.  
I have the java one and the bee hive one left that are pinned and ready go. I'm hoping to get both of them quilted this month also.  That may be high hopes.  I don't have a lot of goals, however I do have a couple of guild projects, a workshop and a retreat, so we'll see.
Yesterday we visited some friends and then took a drive to Las Vegas, so there wasn't any sewing or quilting. (#Vegas Strong - So sad about the massacre, and still praying for all it affected personally)   Today however - I think hubby will be golfing so I will see if I have some time to do something in the sewing room. 
Have a Blessed day!
Lynn  

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...