Saturday, September 30, 2017

Last of September - Starting October

September was so filled with activities and little trips I've been sitting here trying to figure out what did I do and what did I get done.  The big accomplishment for the month was the baby quilt for my new great granddaughter.  We've been calling her Adrianna all this time but was informed the other day that may not be her name.  They are still thinking about it. So I will either need to wait until she is born to attach a personal label or make it with out her name.  So here is the quilt just needing the binding hand stitched. 
Here's a close up of my quilting, I am happy on how it turned out.  Practice is making it better. 

My other goals for the month were to start top stitching the bears - which I did.  
And to catch up on my Bag Ladies - Not really.  I made progress on them but did not get them completed.  
Those were my only goals, the rest of the month and it's projects where just me playing because I had some retreats I was going to.  
Here's what I got accomplished from them.
Top to Grandma's Attic - Old Glory.
Pod Cat's Top and starting to quilt it.
Pepper Puss Top.
Prismatic Vines.  The top is almost done. I still need to finish the borders - I was stalled on that for a little trying to figure out what I really wanted to do with them.
Mr. Moose
Kitchen towels: Just realized I still need to put the antenna on the lady bugs - :)



Halloween Wall Hanging - Spook Out
Pillowcases.


So I've really had a busy month and gotten quite a few things started and done.  Now I need to look ahead and figure out what I want to focus on for October. 
Goal(s) for the month.
1. Finish top stitching the the Bears quilt center. 
2. Finish July and August Bag Ladies. 


WIP(s)
1.  My first Work In Progress will be to continue on my Bag ladies each month. Here are September and October.

2. I also want to start working on my Berdies Through the year. 
I have the first block almost completely done, and I have the 2nd block started.  This will be my on going WIP. 
These two items will be my continuing projects to work on.  

Quilting:
I've been working at doing more and more quilting to keep the muscle memory going. So I'm lining up some projects that need to be quilted to just keep going.  These are not goals, but are pinned and ready to practice my quilting on.  
Here's a Fall wall hanging that would be fun to finish since it's fall.
 This next one is another one for Charity. It's small (approximately 45x60)so should be a  good one to practice on. I'm learning to meander so that might work well on this one.

Next - I have been posting about this one for years - lol - It's a larger Baby quilt that I've had pinned for over a year - maybe 2 years. I started then stalled out not knowing how I wanted to do it, but I  have a couple of ideas now.. so maybe I can get it done.  
This one is a panel that I cut up and sewed back together so it faces both directions.  

I don't know how many or much of these I'll get quilted but It will be fun to practice on them.  
AND
I have yet another retreat and I already have some stuff prepped for it. I had about 12 things (and keep adding to it) prepped and ready knowing I had retreats every month for several months in a row. So I just keep grabbing from that pile as each retreat comes up. These items are usually just for fun and not always part of my goals.
Here again are things to choose from: 


On the one below along with doing it (the  fish), I have some Red, White, and Blue strips that I thought would be fun to alternate and put scottie dogs on it.  

I also have this scrappy one.
And this scrappy one using the pattern below. 
  

So as you can see I have plenty to keep me busy whether for fun or for goals.  Hope you have fun doing something that you want to do.  
Blessings,  Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...