Monday, May 11, 2015

Goal and UFO Busting

Seems like the first part of the month is always more productive than the later part so I am trying to take advantage of all I can get done towards goals and UFO's while I can.  

Goal # 3 Vintage Kitchen # 5  I got this done at the end of last week just haven't posted about it yet.  


Goal #7.  is the All People Quilts Random UFO Buster.  Well last month I was unable to make any progress at all but this month I am kicking bootie.  :)  
The random number this month was #12 which happens to be my wool project called My Favorite Things by Primitive Gatherings.  I started with 3 blocks that were fused and one block had some of the top stitching done.  I still have more time in the month but I've already done the top stitching on those 3 blocks.  (Didn't get a picture before I did the top stitching) but here is what I started with. 


Then I fused two more blocks and I'm getting them whip stitched and the top stitching done.

Then this afternoon I had a little time so I got these additional 5 blocks fused and ready to be stitched and the detail put on.  So we'll see where I get by the end of the month. 

Then the Big One  -   Goal # 8

 The woodsy quilt top stitching of the two blocks I have ready.  I have gone as far as I can go on these two blocks.  This is my ALYOF for the month but I can't find my link up and think I missed it somehow.  Anyway I got done what I wanted for this month but I still want to do one more block if I can.  I left the rest of the stitching to be done when I do the quilting.  But put in some of the feathers on the breast. 


The bears have some the stitching on them and again I will do more when I quilt.  I am still not convinced I am totally thrilled with the way the bears have turned out - but I am going to go with it for now because they have held me up for way way too long and go to the next animal.  I may redo them but that will be later. :0)


My next animal will be this squirrel.  

Well that's what I've gotten done the last few days.  Tomorrow I have open sew at the quilt shop - I haven't figured out what I am taking to work on - but hopefully it will get me closer to getting these goals getting done.  

Have a Blessed Day! 
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...