Sunday, August 20, 2017

Adrianna's Sheep

Update:  I had the wrong picture up.  I had already fixed the bottom row, just used the wrong picture.  LOL.  
Well I mentioned that one of the things I wanted to do this month was to get a start on my newest great granddaughters baby quilt.  Well I am happy to say I did get a really good start.  The top is done.
 
I was also happy that I was able to get the backing made and get it sandwiched, ready quilting. 
But I want to back up a little .  My opinion of panels has definitely evolved over time. I used to look at them as cheater quilts.  Then when I started trying to get better at free motion quilting, I thought okay I can use them for practice. That's what I did with my zebra baby quilt. 
Here is a close up of some of the quilting I did.  
And here is the quilt that I did for our grandson Caleb and some of the quilting I did in it.  

Now the next hurdle I have to over come - is to think outside the box and figure out other things to do than to just leave it as a panel.  
Here is how the panel for the sheep quilt started. 
I looked up some ideas for panels and sent a few pictures to my friend Betty and she liked one of the lay outs.  Next I drew out a grid and colored it in with colored pencils.  I usually never do this step but it was so worth it.  

Then looked at the fabrics I had, and  went to work.  
Stage one.
Stage two. 
 And the finished top. 

Next up the backing fabric.  It's Flannel.  And so cute.
And as I stated above I have it sandwiched, pinned and ready for quilting. Yay!  
As I am writing this, our Granddaughter calls and now they are not completely sure on the name  (Adreanna)  Good thing I didn't put her name on the quilt like I thought about doing it.  
Well I'll keep you posted on that too. 
I have left over fabric,  pieces from the panel and another sheep panel called a play mat. 

I also have a more of the flannel I used on the back. So I see more sheep in my future. 
Blessings,    Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...