Thursday, August 3, 2017

Tote n Retreat

The last couple of days have been busy - actually I have been on the go for a week.  It's all good though.  We had family coming in last Friday so of course that's always a good motivator to get those declutter and cleaning duties kicked into gear.  *Smile* 
I unfortunately did not get pictures of the brothers on my camera and so I need to wait for my brother in law to forward them to me.  The couple of pictures i got of them and the cousins did not come out very good so I will wait. 
So in the last couple of days in between getting ready for the retreat I was able to get my Tote done.  
I had to quilt each side of lining and outside. (4 panels)  I'm not sure why but meandering has always been a challenge for me.  So I practiced on that for my quilting on this.  
Here's one of the outside panels while putting the pocket on. 
here is the inside with it's pockets. I didn't get a picture of it before I sewed them together. 


After I got that done I was doing a little cleaning up in my sewing room - thank God it wasn't that messy. Anyway I ran across this bag of scraps that had some end pieces from bolts. And I decided I'd trim them up and get whatever size strip I could get from each color. 


Sew... I am going to use these for the stack and flip quilt at the retreat. 

And the other strips I am going to use for something else. 
Anyway - got to go - Have a great day!
Blessing, 
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...