Sunday, January 14, 2018

Scraps Away!

Well I've been doing pretty good on my want to's for this month.  I am working on my Christmas projects that I want to do all year and I'm almost done with project number one.  Yay! I've started quilting it, I'll show it soon.
The other thing I am working on all year is reducing my scraps.  I'm not a huge scrap quilt person - but I'm trying to embrace them in a controlled way.  I usually keep all my left over pieces because I do a lot of applique - however it's getting overwhelming and on my nerves and I need to downsize them.  I'm doing this with a little help from the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 18 over at Soscrappy. Each month she posts a color and then on Saturdays you can link up and show what you're creating.  Yay! This month's color is light to medium blue. 
Okay - I cut up a these 

I'm using this diagram as a pattern - 
and making these blocks. 



Then I used my friend's cutting machine and cut  these tumbler blocks - 

I also have these HST and cut more blocks to make more.  
I want to use them to make this pattern: 
I did a little more cutting - I want to do a jig saw puzzle pattern like this -
but in several colors so will wait a few months until I put those blocks together.  
Then I saw this block 

and made some in blue.  Oops Pepe wanted Mama's attention. 
Here we go - 
So I'm getting a good start on my scraps for the month.  And now I'm going to link up to: 
Thanks for stopping by - Now go back and check out some of the other scrap challenges.  Scrap Sat #2.
Blessings,  Lynn 

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! That's what I call embracing the spirit of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Enjoy USING those fabric scraps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great batch of projects! And the sheep! I love sheep! I understand the non-scrappy mentality, but am also trying to embrace it in a controlled way.

    ReplyDelete

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...