Monday, March 26, 2018

Three and a half Tops

It's Probably more like two and two halves but close. So what am I talking about?  My retreat progress.  For a short retreat I got quite a bit done.  Yay!  
First up Prismatic Vines.
This is 4 Patch Poesy that I started this last September when I went to Williams. Here's a close up.
  Happy to have the top done.
Next up, I started this one in October, however it was inspired by one that my friend Patty was doing while we were at her cabin in Williams.
Mine is on the left and I did scrappy like Patty did hers.  Cheryl, who was also in Williams, is on the right and sewed the same color fabrics around each center. 
So those are the 2 tops that are done.  The next is as done as I could make it. I started it with my scraps of purple and sewed all I brought with me, but it's not big enough and I'll need to add something to it.  
And the following one will need some borders too.  It too is not big enough.  
Kinda looks like an old fashion table cloth for a picnic.  Here is a close up.
Because of the purple tones in it someone talked me into buying and cutting this purple fabric as sashing. 
However once I got to the retreat it just didn't look right and so it ended up smaller than I thought it would be. I will be putting some borders around it as well.  
Then since I couldn't go any further with either of them, I started a new quilt - Rubber Ducky tumbler quilt.  I didn't get real far but got each tumbler sewn to at least one other tumbler.   

We of course had lots of fun and food.  Here are a couple pictures of our white elephant game on Saturday.  


I didn't get any pictures of our food this time.  Friday lunch was deli meats cheeses and a couple of salads. Saturday was a plated Caesar Salad and Chicken Alfredo with chocolate fudge cake for dessert.  The breakfasts were plentiful as well.  
Unless something comes up I don't have another retreat until June.  Sad...  but I'm sure I'll survive.  
Until then I'll be finishing up stuff for this month and setting up things for next month.
Blessings,
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...