Well on January 1st I listed my goals and in just a little over a week I now see how easy it is to get off track.
On Monday the 5th we had what is called "Mystery Monday" at the local quilt shop. Well we didn't come close to getting it done and so it carried over to the Tuesday Sit n Sew. Nope we still didn't get it done. It's a 35x35 wall hanging or table topper. I was able to complete one of each of the two different blocks. There will be 5 of the left block and 4 of the right one. And as much as I still want to continue with it - I looked at my list of goals and I have to put it aside for now.
So Wednesday we had to run errands and so I didn't spend any time sewing.
Thursday was the work shop for the quilting guild I'm in and we had a guest teacher Kim Schrader Fauth teaching us her method of quilting called "ABCD" . Well it was a lot of fun and it's a great way to make a few blocks and turn them in to hundreds of different patterns. Here is an example of taking the same blocks and just moving them around. (they are not trimmed to size or sewn together yet)
Looking at my list of goals, I listed this as a ?? because I was unsure of what to expect so I guess it's okay that I will need to set it aside for a later date. :)
In the evenings, I have been working on the first stitchery in the free BOM from Jenny of Elefantz called "Vintage Kitchen" I did a little twist on the red work. I am going to do in one color but it's more of a salmon color to match a little different setting too. I'm such a rebel aren't I. I went looking for some suitable vintage kitchen fabric and found this and I absolutely love it and so it went from there. The color isn't showing true, it's more of a coral or salmon color and I will use the green for sashing around the blocks.
Good news is that I finished the first block last night so that is one thing on the goal list that will get a check mark - Yahoo for that.
Today I had a few hours to work on the baby quilt I'm making for my new great grandson Benji The Monsters.. I got the bottom final row on - and let's just say that wasn't exactly easy. The sashing/setting was stretching, so getting all the intersections and points lined up was very challenging. I don't think I'll use that setting again any time soon. :) I only have scraps left of all the material I've used so far - so I will need to pick up something for the borders. I already decided I was going to back with Minky and so I'll need to get that too. I'm really hoping I can finish this up by the end of the month. Here's how it looks so far. Still a couple of stretching parts, I'm really hoping will work out with quilting and a washing.
So now you know what I've been up to. It looks like I have a busy week coming up next week. Sit n Sew on Tuesday, a potential new guild meeting Tuesday night. They have a waiting list and this is the annual meeting where they accept new members. A lot of the members in the one I'm in already are also a member of this one as well. On Wednesday we are getting together with some friends form Oregon, and Thursday we are having my normal guild meeting of which I'm coordinating the luncheon. So somewhere in there I have to get a couple of different sauces ready for some meatballs. Another of the ladies is bringing rice so I think I'll do a brown gravy on some and a sweet n sour or marinara for the other part of them. Originally I was going to make them from scratch, but considering all else that is going on, I'm thinking pre-made with my sauce will be just fine. :)
I hope you have a nice rest of your weekend and I'll let you know how it all goes.