Thursday, January 15, 2015

Guild Day and Monsters

Today was our monthly business meeting for the Colorado River Quilters Guild.   However today was my day to bring food,  and I was the coordinator for today's lunch.  There were 7 of us so that helped but we were making lunch for approximately 60 people. I made two different types of meatballs, we had rice, soup, enchilada casserole,  green salad, fruit salad and rolls.  It was a feast.  



Oh and there was plenty of dessert too but it got cleaned up too quickly for me to get any of that.  In my normal fashion I was a plan-a-lot-a-mus and woke up way too early wanting to make sure it all got done right.  And like always it did.  We even got a "Job Well Done" from the main coordinator, she told us this was the least amount of work she's ever had to do for the lunches.  Almost makes me want to volunteer to coordinate again,  ALMOST.   Ha Ha.  After I got home I tried to take a nap but that only lasted for about a half an hour.  So I got up and took apart part of the Monster quilt and fixed a couple of blocks that just weren't laying right.  I'm backing it with Minky and not putting a batting in so it's now ready to start pin basting it.  
So to update on the week.  Tuesday mornings sit n sew went really well. I've learned some new techniques lately to make your block press right and lay better  - so I only got one block made, but it was so nice and crisp I really can see the difference the pressing and the laying of seams can make.  Funny once you know that it ruins it for doing it sloppy anymore and I ended up taking out part of the other block that's why I only got one done.  :)  
Then Tuesday night's other guild meeting went really well - and I am now a new member of that guild too.  Which of course brings more projects to do and choose from. So much for moving to a new town and not knowing anybody so I'd have plenty of time for UFO's.  Ha ha.   Not a problem - I'm having a blast. 
Wednesday we took our friends that are visiting from Oregon to Hoover Dam.  So no sewing there.  
Tomorrow I'm going to a class at the quilt store - Handi Quilter Educational Event... The first class tomorrow is  "The Fun of Finishing".  They are going to talk about ideas of how to quilt your top. That's the only class I'm going to. I am a long way from needed or wanting to buy a mid-arm or long arm machine.  I'm hoping that when I get home I will be able to start pinning the monster quilt so I can start quilting it soon.  
Well that's what I'm up to  - thanks for stopping by!
Blessings, 
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...