Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Retreat Recap

I didn't take as many pictures of the food this time but for your viewing pleasure, here is the last mornings breakfast.  


The retreat was fun - but felt very short.  On the ones we host we are there Thursday night through Sunday afternoon.  Well this one was Friday morning 9am to Sunday about 11am.   And we were a little more controlled about our early mornings.... We didn't come down to the sewing room until 4am instead of 3am.  :)  Can you See that it is still dark out.  



Okay now on to the fun stuff the quilts - 

Here is one that my friend Cheryl made:  




So What did I do?  I assembled and re-assembled the Raggedy Ann and Andy Quilt top.  


 It is long and narrow and my Sis and I were discussing if we wanted to add something to the sides, but I think adding too much of anything will take away from the embroidery.  So I think we are leaving it this way.  I'm sure I'll let you know if I change my mind.  LOL

Next - Here is a smaller wallet that I made.  



Then I got the bright Idea that I wanted to see if I could make the zipper pocket on the outside of the wallet.  So I kept sewing and ripping and sewing and ripping and ... and ... Finally - My friend gave it a try and she did a little ripping too.  But here's how she finally got it laid out before the final sewing - 


And how it looks put together




Next I started working on the original thing I wanted to make at the retreat.  The Kimberbell Table topper.  


The eye balls glow in the dark, so my friend brought me some glow in the dark thread to quilt it with.  
That pretty much sums up what I got done.  We did have a white elephant gift exchange which was fun.  I got this cute wool kit and am eager to start it.  





And - before we left they gave us the dates of the next retreat and showed us the  quilt that they will be teaching at it if we want to participate, otherwise it will just be an open sew.  Here's the picture from the magazine that they got the pattern from. 

    
 Here is a sample that one of the leaders is putting together - getting ready for next March.  

It really shows how color choices and placement can make such a difference. 

Well that's it for this one and already looking forward to the next one.  I have one with a different group of women in February, then this group in March.  :)

Blessings,  Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...