Thursday, June 21, 2018

Retreat Recap

The 2nd Annual Colorado River Quilt retreat was a success.  This year I was part of the retreat committee,  even though I didn't have to do much. 

Here's the room before everyone arrived...

We tried a new set up this time.  We had 3 of these horseshoes.  Each one held 30 people and I have to say it worked really well and gave us a lot more room.  Here are some of the quilters setting up.  
Here they are in full swing -
My seat was by the turquoise lamp at the end of the blue arrow. 
Here are a few of the projects my friends and I completed. Here is Desiree.  
Below is Annette, the owner of the Cottage that we sew at on Friday's and have our SNR guild meetings at. And we also get together once a month on Saturdays to sew.  This is her quilt "Corn n Beans"  she has been working at getting this done for quite a while and was very happy to have the top done.
 On the left is my friend Gloria.  This is one of the 4 patch Posie patterns that a bunch of us have been doing lately including one I did at the retreat too. Middle is Susie H.  She is a delight and so so sweet. This was her quilt top she finished. Annette is helping her hold. 
My Friend Cheryl 
She did this one (and 3 more but didn't get pictures of them).  
She finished a large baby quilt that she started when her and I went to Williams. 
The finished blocks are the ones on the left it was using all kinds of barn yard animals. 

In the center of the picture below facing me is my friend Rosemary. My station was just behind her in this picture. 
She did the one below, she also did some strawberry place mats and a table runner. 
And last but not least - what did I do and accomplish.  A Churn Dash animal quilt 
 Here is a close up of one of them. 
And a 4 patch Posie out of peacock fabric. 
 And a close of of a couple of the blocks. 


That was about it - we had a great time lots of laughs, visiting, eating and of course sewing.  
Until next time - Blessings, 
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...