Sunday, June 3, 2018

OMG for Real

My title pretty much says it all.  Oh My Goodness, I am having the hardest time figuring out what I want to do this month. I have a ton of UFO's, I have a ton of WIP's, a bunch of I should and I could and a whole lot of I'm not sure. :) So where does all of that leave me?  I'm hoping by the time I am done writing this post I will know which of my many choices will be the One Monthly Goal to link up over at Elm Street Quilts.  Wish me luck.  
Okay I have it!
I have it - but I wrote most of the post before I decided, then backed up and revised my post.  I am going to continue on with my Christmas Quilt that I have been working on the last couple of months and just get it done.  :)
It really just needs a couple of space fillers or blocks next to the pear and a couple of borders - Then it's ready for the quilting.  It is supposed to be my finish Christmas quilts and projects year after all.  
So.... My OMG is to finish the top, sandwich, baste and start quilting.  So now that I finally decided what was going to be my One goal - do you want to see what else I deliberated on before coming to this conclusion?  These will probably be things I work on this month they just wont be the One Goal.
First off, my wool crazy quilts are what I work on on Fridays.  I have the top finished on this one. I think I'm going to use a process called Facing to back and bind it so only the top shows.   
 Then I started on this wool crazy needle book.
Either or both of those could have been my OMG.
Then I have my Bears Quilt that I started the top stitching on.  I could finish the top stitching and put the 2nd border, and 3rd (which is pieced) border on. 

I also somewhat follow the All People Quilts UFO Challenge, this month is #11 which is a quilt I started many years ago, decided not to completely finish but will put together the blocks I have for a charity quilt.  
Next would be this Little House block I started back in 2009 (ish) when I was first starting to embroider.  I wanted to use it to practice.  Well I want to finish it and make it into a pillow.  
There were a couple more things I was pondering, but now that I've made up my mind...Finally.. I'm just going to leave them in the background of my mind.  
I also have a retreat this month. I like to work on machine sewing at the retreats, but I have so many hand sewing projects, both UFO and PINS. (Projects I've Never Started)  I was having trouble deciding what to take to it also. But I got some inspiration and have 3 things cut out ready to go. I'll write a separate post about that later. So for now I'll link this up to OMG and get my self organized for the projects I've decided on.  
Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn 

1 comment:

  1. Love that Christmas quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project. (Please do add a link to the link-up to your post. Thanks!)

    ReplyDelete

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...