Saturday, January 26, 2019

First Road

Well I have finally experienced my first "Road to California"


I went with a few of my best friends, (Left to Right, Sister Randi, Gloria and Cheryl)  for a day trip to California to see and experience it.  I loved it.  Beautiful quilts, lots and lots of pretty things to buy. 


I was however pretty good with my buying.  I only got one charm square pack, a wide back for a quilt I'm making and 2 patterns. 
I took some pictures but not nearly enough and I did not get names of persons that created these so I am sorry I am not giving them credit for their beautiful work.  Here were a couple of the top winners.  I love the the 2nd one. 


My oldest daughter loves Prince so I had to take a couple photos of this wall of Prince challenge quilts.


Then she wanted them - so I also took pictures of the Elvis wall to show they were just on display.

A friend of mine that wasn't with us has a granddaughter that really likes Day of the Dead... so I had to take a picture of this and send to her.


I caved.  I've been trying not to take on new projects so I could finish some UFO's ... but the pressure. :)
My friend Cheryl that does everything for me and gives me everything finally said she liked something and is going to let me do it for her.  Hence one of the two patterns I got at the show. 


It's right up my alley - what I love to do... and if I start it now I may have it done around her Birthday in August.  (hey any excuse to start a new project is a good one right) *wink* 
I already have all the shapes traced I just need to start picking out my wool and fusing.  Since I'm only 2 blocks away from finishing my Frog embroidery I guess this can be my new quilt I work on at the cottage on Fridays. 
Okay the other pattern I got is this one 

and I may have to start it too so that it doesn't get buried with all the other patterns I want to do someday.  lol.  If I get it fused, then as soon as I finish the one for Cheryl I can work on this and have it as part of my decorations for this next Christmas.  Check back with me in a couple months and ask me how that's working for me.  ha ha.
Okay well I better get at something or nothings going to get done.
Blessings,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...