Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Not A Lot A Sew'n

Yes I'm sure that I have entered the twilight zone.  It's been over a week since my last post and I'm not sure what I've done.  It's almost scary that I had to go back to my daily calendar and figure it out.  :) :( 
Okay now that I've had the confession hour - I did get the last couple of blocks fused for the "Christmas Card" quilt. 


I am taking this to the retreat that starts on the 22nd to do the top stitching.  It was my One Monthly goal so I better get going on it.  :)
So where has the week gone... little things here and there and then the day/week is done.  
Monday I fused the blocks. 
Tuesday we cleaned our carpets. They look so nice now. 
Wednesday - Hubby had a Dr. appointment then golfed. I cleaned up all the scraps of fabric I had laid out everywhere for the applique in my sewing room.
Thursday - Hubby had a blood work and another test, then we went to breakfast and we napped in afternoon. 
Friday was charity day at the cottage, and then some hand stitching  Saturday was our monthly Saturday sew we have, and we invited a couple of new people since a few ladies have dropped out - 
Meet Sandi

We like her a lot and just found out after only being here for a couple of years she is probably moving to PA.  :(
Meet Beverly - she was the sweet lady that brought Ice Cream for the Pizza party for my grandson.
This month our theme was sandwich fixin's and salad.  Yummy.  
We set up our next few months of dates and themes.  In September we are going to have Fall type foods.  Annette offered to make Butternut Squash soup.  
October will be Halloweenish finger foods.   Fun.
Sunday was cleaning day - hubby's brother was coming in on the train at midnight so needed to finalize all the cleaning for his visit.  

We also did some grocery shopping and errands. 
We napped of course any other night we could stay up but when you know you have to be awake at midnight.  LOL
Monday again - we were all pretty tired.  Hubby golfed, Frank went over to their other brothers house and swam and visited and I did a little bit of this and that.  Worked with computer,  cooked dinner, and fused a cute wall hanging that I'm giving to my Sister and Brother in law to go with the bear quilt. 
It's a surprise - if I can keep it a secret.  
Well with the retreat coming up I also packed my small machine up and put some other things in the bag to work on.  I always pack enough projects to last me 3 weeks and there are only 4 days.  Ha ha.  
Retreat starts Thursday afternoon.  There are a couple errands to run and of course I'll do some cooking for Jer (Hubby) and Frank his brother to have while I'm gone but then I'll be there and having fun.  
I'll try to update you before I go but if not - I'll show you the projects and their progress later.  
Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...