Thursday, August 1, 2019

Christmas in August

The other day I was working some more on my free motion quilting and my hand speed was out of sync with my machine speed so I ended up with eyelashes on the back.  I got irritated and put it up for a while.  I have been really good at staying focused on getting stuff quilted this spring and summer and decided it was okay to take a break. I wanted to find a kit I knew I had to show a friend, and while I was looking for it I found another UFO that I started before I retired 5 years ago.  
I was doing this quilt with a couple of my friends, I'm sure they finished theirs 5 years ago but oh well.  
I had these two blocks fused before we moved to Arizona 

Now I have 4 more fused. 



There are 2 more blocks to fuse, then I can do the top stitching.  I usually do one block at a time but since i will have all of them fused I think I will do them by color... Brown on all blocks, yellow on all blocks, etc.. 
My One Monthly Goal  at Elm Street Quilts, for August will be to fuse the last two blocks and then get them all top stitched. 

Last month I got my OMG done early made a post about it - then forgot to link it up when the link opened.  So this month I am hoping to get it done and to remember to link it up at the end.  
Have a great month and good luck with your OMG. 
Blessings, 
Lynn 

4 comments:

  1. That is the cutest quilt pattern! Do you remember who made it? Your blocks look fantastic, and I know it's going to be a beauty for years to come. Best of luck with your goal this month. Doing it by color sounds very efficient to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a great idea to top stitch by color. Changing colors takes so much time if you do them one block at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have this quilt all ready for the Christmas season! Good luck with your August challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...