Sunday, August 11, 2019

Small Road Trip

Yesterday was a beautiful day and a much needed break from our last week of house projects.  I told my girl friend Cheryl that I would accompany her to Lake Havasu to drop some stuff off at one of the quilt shops down there.  The owner is actually the one that is putting on the retreat that I'm going to in a week and a half.  Wow it is sneaking up on me. It was a beautiful day out and a great opportunity to treat my friend to lunch for her up coming birthday, which is the 19th of this month.  I let her pick and so she suggested a place called Shugrue's.  It's a steak house and looks like a real fancy place, but prices weren't all that different than any other sit down restaurant.  It's on the west side of the London Bridge and offered a really nice view. 
We both had one of the lunch specials called a Summer Breeze Salad. 
It was my first experience of eating "Kale".  It was mixed in with all the other greens so I didn't notice it too much, however even  when pulling a piece out and eating it I didn't think it was bad.  I'll give it another try for sure.  The salad was loaded with greens, broccoli, apple pieces, strawberry slices, candied walnuts, white raisins, cranberry's, cucumber, tomato, grilled chicken and I'm sure more.  It was awesome.   It was served with an almond cherry muffin.  Yummy!
Here are some view once we came out.  



Okay so what happened at the quilt shop.  I was very good.  I only picked up a couple of things I needed to finish a couple of quilts.  
I got this light green fabric to go on the back of my embroidery frog quilt, here it is paired with the binding fabric. 
I also got some fabric for sashing and borders for my Daisy Day's embroidery quilt. 
Since I just want this to be a wall hanging, I'm not going to do the setting blocks that were offered in the pattern. Instead, the red and white polka dot will be the sashing and the red daisy will be the border.  It looks like it was made just for these blocks.   
That's all I got.  It was a fun day for sure.  We finished off the day doing a little driving around looking at stuff while on our way back home.  It's good to have good friends. 
Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn 

1 comment:

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...