Friday, December 27, 2019

A Finish on Christmas Day

Hey what's better than finishing up a gift on Christmas day?  I don't know - except the fact that is was my One Monthly Goal and I really wasn't sure this time if I actually would get it done. Because... I also had a personal goal to finish the binding on the bear quilt so I would not have to say that I finished it in 2020.  That would add another year to this quilt that took way too long to begin with.  So here is a picture of the Bear Quilt in it's new home.  
My Sister is so happy with it.  :)
Okay now - the Christmas finish and my OMG Finish. 
Winter Wool Mat (from Primitive Gatherings) with a few changes.


I used monofilament thread on top and a real thin thread on the back to just do enough quilting to hold together.  
She said she loved it.  :) Now on to the "Spring" mat.  I am doing all the seasons for my friend that does so many things for me.  She did all the fusing of the applique and whip stitched them down, then I do all the embroidery and the crazy stitches. 
Well I'm going to link this up to One Monthly Goal over at Elm Street Quilts 

Thanks for visiting - I love comments if you have time.  Then go back and see the other finishes by clicking the link above.
Blessings,
Lynn 


2 comments:

  1. You are an awesome friend to do all that crazy stitching--the mat turned out beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...