Thursday, January 2, 2020

2020 A New Year to Focus

It's already the 2nd day of a new year and a new decade. Usually I finish out the previous year with a recap of all I got done, and then do a big post of what I'm hoping to do in the new year.  
My goals are always to finish stuff up.  Last year I did better than most years and I'm hoping to be even better this year.  
Okay so for UFO's I have two types - WIP/UFO's and Quilt Tops/UFO's. 
 I made a list of most of the wip/ufo's and need to decide which one to work on first. 
Also I want to to quilt and finish all my quilt top/ufo's. 
Now here are the two small hurdles that I will work around but are cluttering my thoughts a little. 
1. My machine that I quilt with needs to be fixed again - so I will have to hold off on quilting until that is done.  I'm hoping within a couple weeks.
2.  I am going to go back to work for a while - not long maybe a couple years, but that of course will cut down on my sewing time a bit. (or a lot)  
So/Sew I guess even more than ever, I want to stay focused.  I want to get ufo's done.  And as much as I like to (and I'm sure I will) start new things, I really really want to limit new stuff, to stuff I already have... patterns and kits I have in my stash.  I bought them because I liked them - so I'm telling myself "then do them". :)
It's so easy to get distracted with all the "Squirrels" and "Shiney" things... so just keep reminding me - focus, focus, focus.  
Happy New Years my quilting friends let's see what we can accomplish. 
Blessings,
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...