Friday, January 10, 2020

Only 5 days

In my last post for the One Monthly Goal I let the cat out of the bag so to speak about my falling off the "Focus" wagon of getting stuff done and only starting new things I already had in my stash. Well I caved in only 5 days.  Wow - that's horrible.  So here's where I tell you that my Sister and I are each making one, and they are gifts for our grandchildren.  And even though it was her pattern and not mine, we are both using my stash.  Does any of that make it better?  Probably not.  :) Oh well if I still have ufo's when I go to heaven, set a match to the pile and know I had fun while I was doing it.  :) 
So here's the pattern that derailed me - 
It's an advent calendar with 25 little pockets. 
In the pattern, they have colored the pictures and then it is embroidered. We are doing part wool applique and part embroidery.  We traced out larger squares on our muslin, and for the last few days we have been appliqueing the wool and tracing the embroidery parts.   Here are my 25 blocks. We left them all together so we don't have to try and embroider on a tiny little piece of fabric.
Here's a close up of a few of the blocks. 

 Once we get the applique whip stitched and the embroidery done  we will trim these to 2 1/2" and then add the border to make them into pockets.  I think there is also some embroidery in the borders too. Guess I figure that out when I get all these done.
This makes #4 of projects that are hand work that are in my current cue.
I am still working on an embroidered wall hanging for Halloween. 
I am about 1/2 done with the embroidery, and I already have the border blocks made.
There are the two wool crazy table mats - left to finish up, (Spring and Crazy) 

Everyday   Crazy Table Mat
(Picture from pattern cover)
And then the other is "Over the River and Through the Woods" Embroidery quilt.  I have one panel traced and have started the embroidery on it.
And I got all the flying geese and blocks cut out and will work on that at the retreat.  That I am sure is enough hand work for quite a while. 
In the last few days I also got the borders on this panel and got it sandwiched ready to quilt.  
It glows in the dark.
Not sure how I will quilt the part that glows.  I know there is glow in the dark thread I may need to get some.  This is for my granddaughter she really likes Jack.  
Okay that's what I've been up to for the last few days.  Oh Oh Oh and I cleaned my sewing room.  Like getting rid of dust elephants and putting away all the scraps kinda clean.  

My room is very big - approx 14 x 28 - so I share it with our Puppy crate and exercise equipment and add'l storage.  
And one more thing - Did I mention we have a puppy?  lol more like a bulldozer.  She's 34 pounds of pure muscle and doesn't know it.  She had surgery on Tuesday to get spayed.  They told us to keep the cone on her head and not let her jump or run for 10-14 days.  Oh ya right. We hate the cone more than she does, cause she runs into us full force and the edges of the cone hurt. She tore across the yard at 50 mph today and was jumping like a wild woman tonight. 
 Here she is on the way to the vet......


 Here she is the night she came home......

Like I said she is adjusting to the cone better than we are.  It's a lot of work taking on a new puppy, especially a big one - but I'm already in love with her. 
Have a blessed evening.  
Lynn 

1 comment:

  1. You've got lots of fun projects in the "get it done pile". I love that Jack Quilt, too fun! Good luck with your new project.

    ReplyDelete

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...