Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Not a Lot a Sewing

The last couple of weeks passed and I'm not sure I was present when they went by.  LOL... And there really hasn't been a lot of sewing happening until The last few days. .  So to recap if I even can - I'm going to have to recreate day by day.  
On the 2nd we drove to Vegas to take Taya back  to the airport.  :( 
On the 3rd day of Dec. I did some house work and did a small walk with the dogs... hmm did I mention we have a new puppy (that's 4 times as large as our other one. 
On the 4th day of Dec. I did some hand applique on the UFO "A Little Porch Time"

and played referee with the dogs. Did I mention we have a puppy?  Old small dog not fond of new big dog. Hubby played nine holes of golf then got rained out.   
On the 5th day of Dec.  - My back has been hurting for a few days so I just laid low,  and  I played referee with the dogs.  Did I mention... oh ya I did. :)
On the 6th day of Dec. I went to the cottage which is when I usually get to sew and work on my Wool but it was the Friday before our annual Christmas party so that meant we needed to deep clean and decorate the Cottage.  I was feeling better so I was helping to sweep and mop and guess what... I threw my back out again. Well after that I was in super pain not just a some... Rrrrr. So us that got there early and did the cleaning left to let the others do the decorating part.  :). 
On the 7th day of Dec.  We took new puppy to get her first set of shots (more in a month) and then did grocery shopping.  We loaded up on meat so I got that wrapped and frozen.  
On the 8th day of Dec. Hubby golfed so my Sister and I made "Crackers" for our big guild party. Just little goodies to share.
On the 9th day of Dec.  Did some cleaning and cooking. Jer (hubby) golfed and I found some fabric I want to use for the aprons for my granddaughter and great granddaughter, and great grandsons. Or easier yet "The Texas Kids" (I did purchase other fabric that matches the green for the boys)

On the 10th... We went to burbs of Vegas for a doctors appointment.  Came home and went to the small guild Christmas party.  I took stuffed celery. I mixed Ranch mix into cream cheese and stuffed - I have to say pretty yummy.  
On the 11th.. Jer golfed and I started on the aprons. I got one for Nellie the 2yr old done 
and I did one for Ben, but after buying other fabric decided to redo a little bigger. I'll send both and maybe Nellie will just have two.
On the 12th.. Jer had another Dr. appt. here in town.  Then bought stuff at Lowe's for  project ( more on that later) 
On Friday the 13th - I went to cottage and worked on Wool mat.  We left around 1pm I came home did some house work and cooked dinner. 
On the Saturday the 14th I went to Havasu with the girls.  Jean, Cheryl and Randi drove. Went to Kim's quilt shop and Copper Canyon shop.  Got donations for Retreat.  Had lunch at the airport in Havasu it's called "Hanger 24". When I got home our dryer had died we found another new to us dryer off facbook marketplace picked it up and proceeded to install. I had different size hardware so we ended up going to a few home repair stores and had to change the gas valve to accommodate. 
On Sunday the 15th - I cooked some beans and got a pot of chili in the Ccrockpot, then I worked on the Aprons. I got my granddaughter Ciara's done.  The first one I cut out from a pattern was huge and so I had to redo.  She's a little tiny thing barely 5' and a waist of 25".
And Monday the 16th - I was able to finish the rest of the aprons.  I knew I would use the fabric to make the oldest boy Carter an apron, but after looking at how tiny the first one I made for Ben was I redid.  Here are the two I did for Carter and Ben.   
That's about it - this morning is another Dr. appointment and then we are going to finalize Christmas shopping.  Then I'll need to get stuff wrapped up and in the mail. 
We are so much later this year - but it all works. 
Have a Blessed day!
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...