Thursday, August 13, 2015

Challenge Quilt

We are having a quilt show next February and as far away as that sounds it will be here in no time. So I'm trying to get ahead of the ball so to speak.  We have what is called a "Challenge Quilt" where we are supposed to express "what does Red, White and Blue mean to you"?  Well I can't fit all that into a 36 x 36 quilt, so this quilt doesn't represent what it means to me but it does represent some Americana.

Here's what I'm working on.    This was my original center block, that is all wool on a cotton background.


However once I made my borders that I wanted to make, it did not look good at all.  The center was too golden against the cream.  So even though I had already fused this down and started to stitch it. I cut away from the background and placed it on a new background. 
Viola 


I like it much better.  
So now I am working on stitching down the center by  hand with a blanket stitch, and do some detail with embroidery - and then I will attach the borders.  They are just laid there for the picture.  I will sew around the stars as part of the quilting and not sure what I will do for quilting in the center yet.  

Yesterday I worked on some stuff to sell at the quilt show boutique and today I'm going to lunch and then playing cards with the girls.  
Hope you have a super Blessed Day. 
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...