Sunday, April 17, 2016

Purple Tree Frog

Tuesday I did not pack up my machine to go to the Open Sew at the shop - I needed to cut/prep my fabric for the Saturday class and I figured that would be a good place to cut all my 6" by about 20" strips of a light medium and dark of 6 colors.  Then I will Also need to cut some white on black and black on white.  I got the colors cut.


This is for my class on Saturday where we will be making this taught by a local teacher whom had taught all over: Bettye Sheppard.  This is one of her students that took the this class from her.   (That's not her in the picture)  It's called Paint Box.


When I got to the shop, Sheri asked if I could stay and work the afternoon so she could get some paperwork done that she needed to.  I said sure.  The were also watching her Dad's dog for a few hours so I took "Lovey" for a couple of walks and cleaned up a couple accidents.  She is on some meds that makes her go potty a lot, 8 times in 4 hours.  Oh well she was a sweet thing.  Then when I was done at the shop, I zoomed home got the punch for the party that we were having after the SNR Business meeting and zoomed back down to the cottage.  Our friend Aggie is moving to Southern Oregon as I wrote about in my last post, and we were wishing her a farewell.  I got home after 9 and had a TV Dinner for dinner and not too much later I was out.  

Wednesday, we did our walk, wow it's been so long since we've done our walk - but I fell right into step so to speak and it felt good.  
After our walk I was going to make lunch but my honey said he'd take me to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant.  They have lunch one item lunch specials so hey why not. I got a taco, with rice and beans and comes with Chips and Salsa all for $5, not bad.   Once we had lunch, we spent the rest of the day driving around, running a few errands and ended up stopping and visiting Sheri and Jerry at the quilt shop.  We also checked out a couple of the thrift stores in the area and ended up getting a really nice floor fan dirt cheap - and it runs great.  By the time we were done, it was past dinner time so I made us a hamburger and some cottage cheese.

Thursday - We took our walk again, and then after lunch I started on my new scavenger block.  A Tree - A Frog  - and the Color Purple.
I started with a picture that I found on the Internet.  Then I did the grid system to enlarge the drawing.






















Then I started painting it using my inks and gel.


I was having so much fun, my sweet had to come in and ask if I was going to make some dinner.  :)  I continued just a little longer to finish up an area of one of the feet then stopped for the night.  

Friday - I went to the cottage and finally I uncovered my sewing machine and started her up.  :)  It's been over 2 weeks, I wasn't sure I knew how to use her.  ha ha.  Well I was at the cottage and it was charity day.  We were making Adult Bibs for the Skilled Nursing Center for Adults that are recovering and in re-hab from strokes or illnesses and need a bib.  I didn't get a picture of the ones I made, Dang, but below is a picture of the sample one that they made to show us what we were doing. It used one half of a terry cloth towel and a cotton yoke top.  They actually were really easy and I think with every one that showed up and those that took some home we will have 50 or 60 made.  I got 4 done.  Here's what they look like.  

That pretty much wrapped up my day.  I came home and got the rest of my stuff ready for Saturday's class and my food that I needed to make for the potluck.  Eager to make the paint box quilt. 
Have a Blessed Day.
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...