Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A New Venture - Peaceful Holiday BOM

It's early, because this morning is when we are heading out on our trip to see our children and grandchildren. Yay.  We will also be seeing friends and maybe a couple of quilt stores along the way.

There's been a lot going on the last couple of days.  On Saturday when I posted last - I mentioned a couple of errands, well one of them resulted in a new venture for me.  I will be teaching a new Block of the Month.  This also means that I need to make the quilt and have it as a sample ASAP.   The quilt is a Christmas quilt and in order to get it done on time it needs to start right away AND a week after I get back from vacation I will have my first Block/Class.
It is Peaceful Holiday by Jason Yenter. It has two version Blue or White - we are doing the white.

This picture does not do it justice - the fabric it just beautiful and has a lot of  gold metalic in it.  And because of that I did not want to mess up the real fabric so I made a practice block for the first part. There will be 5 classes/months the last one ending in November.  That will give participants the month of December to finish their quilt for Christmas.
Here is the first block it is 18x18.


It is mostly foundation paper pieced.


See all my little paper guides and labels.  :)  

Here was my practice block.  I tried to match some fabric I had to resemble the colors but it's just not the same with out the gold in it.   But I'm glad I did the practice one,  By the time I do practice blocks the real quilt and blocks to demonstrate I may have 3 quilts when I'm done.  LOL.


With that and cleaning and packing that has summed up the last couple of days.  
I did however manage to download, print and prep - the next two blocks of the Bee-Utiful BOW. 


Here are my two prepped Blocks.  


I will be taking these blocks, along with (way too many) prepped blocks from the Christmas Quilt that is this months UFO goal. 




And the 3rd Block in the Farmhouse Threads Mystery Harvest BOW. 
"Harvest"  
It is all fused I just need to do the stitching. 

Did I mention that we're only going to be gone 11 days, and did I also mention that I only do this while we're in the car.  I'm not good at stitching while we're at peoples house.  I would be totally cool with someone coming to visit and whipping out a bag of handwork while we talked, but not sure how others feel - so I don't.  I just enjoy the visit.   So with that being said I have brought way too much to work on - but better to have too much than having time to work on it and nothing to do.  That would be devastating.  :) 

And with that I need to wrap it up and get going so we can get on the road. I want to post while we are gone - but not sure when or how often that will happen.  Maybe just a quick couple of photos along the way.  Got to show off the grandkids after all. 

Have a very Blessed Day!
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...