1. Scavenger Block - the three items were Mittens, Black Bird and Golf Tee. Here's what I came up with. Goal Met
2. UFO Buster - APQ picked #3 and on my list this year that meant "Henrietta Whiskers" Goal Met.
I actually got a lot done on this - not as much as I wanted but pleased with what I did. This block was started but still needed to be top stitched and have he sign above attached, so I completed that.
This is block 4 (above) I sewed it together and put the applique on it.
I also got block 5 sewn together and got the applique pieces prepped.
And the 6th Block is prepped and ready to go.
3. Gifts - Continue on with gift making. Goal Met
I made the sewing mat for my friend Ronni - It just needs the hand sewing of the binding.
I made a calendar holder and a scrap bag for someone - I don't think she reads my blog and if she does she'll know it's for her but I'll leave her name out.
I also made a couple of golf towels that have grommets and and ring holder - which ended up going to my honey which is okay because it was his birthday this month. :)
4. Quilt something - Well...... I quilted the Sea Horse wall hanging, I quilted the calendar holder and I did quilt the sewing mat. And I'll just say right now that cross hatching with a walking foot is so much easier. And I quilted - or finished quilting the Poinsettia Table Topper. Goal Met
5. Finish the Buttermilk Basin "E" Block and Prep the "T" Block - Goal Met
6. Something came up - New unplanned Want to or Need to. - Well I actually had a lot of these this month. Jan Patek Pattern? Sally the Seahorse? Golf Towels? All of these fit into other categories so I guess I'll pick the Scissor Fobs. It was a spontaneous thing I wanted to try and then ended up making several. I've already given 2 away and 2 more friends that want one, so they fit into the gift category - but for now it was my "Unplanned Want To". Goal Met
7. Cooking and Prep for while I'm gone - Goal Met.
There are also packages of Chicken breasts and veggies, Spaghetti, breakfast burritos, Kielbasa w/ rice n beans. The freezer is ready.
8. SNR guild workshop - Hand Quilting - I had a little panel that I'm going to hand quilt and then give to charity. Here is the panel and a close up. Goal Met
9. CRQ - Cut and fold wreath. Goal Met
10. New Unplanned - Goal Met On the 1st Saturday of the month we have a class called Strip club. Sheri at the quilt shop makes a new quilt with strips and then shows us how to do it. Well with the passing of her Mom - she was not in any shape to be doing that so some of us that get together went to a friends house and we painted on fabric using the technique we learned when we did the dragonflies last spring. Here is what I did - Sally the Seahorse. You can read more about that day here.
11. Retreat - Goal met - not that there was any real goal set up but I got a lot accomplished so I'm saying I passed. Here's the whole retreat post.
I wasn't sure what I was going to take - but this is what I came up with:
Sewing mat for Ronni:
A couple of blocks from Snowman Collector:
Paper pieced block from SNR:
Extra project just because:
I noticed later that I put this together in an X instead of a star - but I'm going to keep it that way.And Instead of doing the applique with the cotton I'm using wool. I have the pieces traced and the fusible on them - I just need to cut out and fuse on background.
The Bears: This is huge - YAY!!!!! Next time I work on this I'll be placing on the background and figuring out the spacing and how many Aspen trees I want to put in and around them. The two bears will be covering the full top of the bed and then there will be other woodsy animals around it.
12. Blogging - Blog min of 8 times. - Goal Met
I will be gone for the first 10 days of the month so on the 11th I'll be scrambling to figure out where I'm at LOL. I will still have 2/3 of a month left, so I'm sure I can get a few things done.
1. Scavenger Block - Tree - Purple and Frog
2. Buttermilk Basin's "T" Block done and Prep "I" Block
3. SNR Workshop on the 16th - Paint Box with Bettye Shepperd. I'll say at least 1/2 done.
4. Gifts - Continue on with gift making. Dish Towels, Scissor Fobs, Scrap Bags, Pin Cushions. I'll keep you posted.
5. UFO Buster - APQ Random number ______?? Will post when picked.
6. Work on quilting something- again I'm thinking Bee Hive Baby. Finishing is a bonus - I just want to at least get going on it.
7. Primitive Gardens BOM.
I bought this BOM and the kits a few years ago and started it. It has a cotton background and wool applique. Then like the rest of the UFO's it has sat in it's little box waiting. Well I have a friend that wants to work on it with me on Friday's - so hopefully the buddy system will help me to make progress on this each month.
Here is what I've started so I can note my progress:
These 4 blocks are all fused. The hoe block is all done. The birds on the wire are 1/2 stitched, the geranium block is 3/4 stitched, and the bird house block is only fused, no stitching.
8. Blog 4 - 8 times.
9. Travel project. I will be in the airport for a couple hours and on the plane for a couple - I need some hand stitching to do. Not a big goal here - its just for fun - so just make some progress.
I'll be taking:
These dish towels to top stitch.
The T Block to top stitch
And just to make double sure I have enough stitching (I have more than enough) I am taking my Gardener's Journal book by Anni Downs.
And I prepped 6 more blocks to stitch.
10. Unplanned - Want to. Since I'll be on vacation - who knows what else I'll come up with to do. :)
Well I think that's long enough and I'll keep you posted how I'm doing. Hope you have a Blessed month with lots of fun stitching.