Thursday, November 16, 2017

Bag it

The timing on this couldn't have been better.  I made a bag for a friend that loves little bags. 
I made this the other day but the squirrel idea started a while back when she wanted a squirrel for a wall hanging she was doing.  I kept offering her patterns, but she would joke and say she wanted me to make it.  So for the last few months we joke back and forth, and I would say someday I would make her a squirrel.
Here's the inside lining. 
And since Elm Streets Quilts is having a "Bag it" link up.  It worked out really nice.  It was pretty easy to put together.  I did the applique first, then used fusible batting and quilted the outside front and back.  Then I layered with the lining and attached to the zipper and sewed around all pieces leaving a little opening in the lining.  I pulled it right sides out and hand sewed up the little opening in the lining and voila... A Squirrel Bag.  
Thanks for the link up and have a blessed day!
Lynn 

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It.

    ReplyDelete

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...