Wednesday, November 1, 2017

New Month - New starts

The older I get the more I don't like how fast time flies by. However trying to look at the bright side of things, a new month can be a reset to get you re-focused too.  My sewing friends and I have been talking a lot about "Shiny things" lately.  You know,  you're working on one thing and you see 15 other things you want to do.  Next thing you know that original project becomes an UFO (unfinished object) or a PIG (projects in grocery bags).   
Anyway - last month started out really good.  I got 2 lap and twin size quilts, 1 large wall hanging, 1 small wall hanging, 1 table topper - Quilted.  I was on a roll.  







However - I still need to do the hand stitching of the binding on the two baby quilts.  Adrianna's and Beehive Baby.  I've had a real lack of hand stitching lately.   So my Bag Ladies and bindings and a couple of other things I'm trying to do are being neglected.
I also have had a handful of doctor visits and a few day trips here and there with hubby and friends.  Remember my two friends from the Williams trip in September? I caught them on Camera.  
Cheryl and I took a day trip to Vegas and Picked up Patty on the way (Sorta) and we went to the 
"Ethel M Chocolate Factory".  They make candy for Mars. I had never heard of them so they had to take me there.  It was quite fun.  And we had an Employee that was off duty that was nice enough to give us all kinds of info on how they do things.  That made it even better. 


Then in middle of the month I went to a retreat - and I did more talking than sewing.  But I did manage to get a wall hanging  top done, and a couple of rows on a scrap quilt. :)


I didn't get a picture and it is put away for a bit so I'll have to post a picture of it later.  :) 
And the following weekend we had two sew days in a row. The first day was for charity, which was Christmas stockings for the Angel Tree at the local hospital.  I completed 8.  

The next day was open sew and we could work on what we wanted and then had a potluck.  I worked more on the scrap quilt. (Pictured above) 
I got some stuff done - just not what I thought I would be working on. 
Oh and in between, I worked on an idea for our last workshop of the year...  and this will be my last teaching workshop as Vice President and Project Coordinator for the SNR Guild.  In December we will have our last meeting and then Christmas party.  2 Years done. Here's what I'm going to teach. 
So- What do I think I want to do for November.  
My November Goals:   Gifts - That's it!  I'm making some little things for the kids and grand kids. After those are done I can work on stuff for friends.  If not they may be having Christmas in February.  LOL.
Got to get busy with other stuff.  
Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...