Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May Day and some Goals

My list of "Want to's" and or goals is always 10 times bigger than what I can reasonably get done in any given period of time.  But at least I aim high. I think that's a good thing. *smile* 
I have been loosely following APQ and the UFO Challenge.  Loosely in the fact that I'm numbering the UFO I want to work on this month to match the number they picked.  (#6)  I am almost done with the top of the Christmas Quilt I was working on last month so I don't want to put it away.  I want to keep going and hopefully get it done sometime soon.  I got the top half of the top done last month. 
So for the next part - and what I want to be my "One Monthly Goal"  Below is the picture from the pattern cover - I have circled the blocks I want to do. 
I want to do the Holly block with holly lettering in it that is on the top of green section.  Then the Wreath and Heart on the left side, the Cabin just to the right of it, the Tree Block just to the right of the cabin, (partially covered with the green line).  Then I want to do the House block on the far right with little tree.  Holly Block, Wreath, Cabin and House will be my One Monthly Goal.
As for my other wishes for the month - I want to do the top stitching on my infamous never ending Bear Quilt.  
And I want to complete 12 more of the pieced border blocks that will go around the bears.
I also want to continue with my scraps and link up to the RSC18, over at SoScrappy. The Scrappy color of the month is Pink so I want to make some of these blocks with pink.
I also will be continuing with my Wool Crazy quilt on Fridays. 
And for my slow stitching in the evenings while I watch TV - I'll continue working on the "12 days of Christmas" and the "One Ornament of the Month". 
I actually have these two blocks mostly done - but couldn't find that picture.  I'll show update on these blocks later in month. 
I'm sure that's enough planned for the month.  because I know myself and some shiny thing of some sort will get my attention and I will do or start it also.   
Blessings,
Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Nice quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, Lynn. You have some big projects going on. They are all gorgeous. I love the Christmas quilt--what a fun sampler. The bear quilt is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...