Thursday, September 20, 2018

UFO - WIP

Yep that's right a UFO is now a Work In Progress!
This is my very oldest Quilt UFO.  When I very first started quilting I went to a class and this was what they taught.  
It is a Quilt as you go, and it should be finished - Ha ha! 
Since I was new to quilting, I just did a couple of different simple designs in each of the setting blocks and did echoing in the pieced blocks.
You can see part of it from the back.
Okay fast forward a few years - I was trying to get  into free motion quilting so I thought I'd work on this a little and quilt some of the setting blocks.  Well I  wasn't very good and then got discouraged again.


So fast forward a few years again - clean out a couple of peoples stashes and determination kicks in.  I am going to get these old UFO's done. I have spent about 5 nights picking the bad quilting out of 3 blocks and have one to go.  Then I made the 3 additional pieced blocks I needed.
Added their sashing. 
Now I am ready to re-quilt 4 setting blocks, quilt the 3 pieced blocks and then assemble them onto the rest of the quilt.  At that point I'll see if I want to add the quilted border or just bind.  
I have also gone as far as I can for now on the UFO Bears.  I added a couple borders including the pieced border. 
I talked to my Sister whom this is for and we will wait until she is here again to figure out the rest of the borders. 
So I have UFO's that are WIP and hopefully soon they will be D-O-N-E!
Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...