Friday, September 14, 2018

Modern Trees and UFO Busting

Okay brace yourself - I am having a blast with my UFO's.... That is getting them done.  
Modern trees started as a Quilt a Long in 2013 hosted by Christa Watson now finished in 2018. Wow how time flies.
Here are a couple close ups of the quilting. 

Yes it was good to practice on and keep the muscle memory going.  
I have a renewed urge to get these UFO's done. 
In less than 9 months I've had two friends that are moving into a retirement homes and have needed to get rid of their stash and UFO's.  
The first one, Cheryl's friend Mary Ann (Click on her name for picture) had us clean out her place in Jan and February. We packed the whole back of my pick up full of bags of yardage and pre cuts. There were also several more trips filling the trunk of a car. Mary Ann donated her stash to the guild. So several of us took countless hours sorting measuring and pricing all of it to be sold.    
Now our friend Barbara, is turning 90 in December.  Her children are out of town and want to put her in a assisted living area so their is someone watching over her.  So 5 of us worked 2 days clearing out her sewing room and house of quilt related items. We loaded fabric yardage, quilt tops, tools, and UFO's into the back of 3 SUV's and my pickup.  This time we are sorting and organizing and having a garage sale of her stuff for her.  Annette the owner of the Cottage has the 4 car garage where we do this and has been so nice to donate the space to these women.
Barbara does have a lot of yardage, however unlike Mary Ann, Barbara has project bags and boxes full of quilts that are cut out and in various stages.  There are tons of UFO's.  There is still a lot of work to do.  We need to sort and price and then have the actual garage sale to see how much money we can raise for her.  
So now you can see why I really have a lot of determination to get UFO's done.  I don't want to have this happen to me.  I'm not saying I won't have a stash or some UFO's - I just want to bring it in a little.  So with all of that said, I am working on my very oldest UFO.  It is a quilt as you go and should have been finished years ago.  I'll post more about it later. 
Have a Blessed day and Get it done.  :)  Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...