Saturday, February 23, 2019

Pixel Play - PQ 10.4

This Project Quilting Challenge for Pixel Play came at the right time.  Yay!   
At first I was excited because I knew I was already getting ready to do some pixel work. I am doing a Minecraft Quilt for my Great Grandson. 
Here's the inspiration for the quilt. 
(Image from Pinterest
It won't be exactly like this but similar with a few different characters. 
But then it was like uh oh - it has to be a finished quilt, there's no way I'm going to get his whole quilt done in a week.  Then I got a bright idea - I could make one of the blocks into a little mini quilt for a wall hanging to go with his quilt.  Yep some times the light bulb still comes on.  :).  So this is the one block I picked and used this image (again I found on pinterest) for the colors and placement. 
Then I got to work cutting lots of little squares. 
I got the top 4 rows together before I stopped sewing for the day on Wednesday.
I am all packed a ready to go to a retreat starting Thursday, so I laid out the rest of the Squares to make sure I had enough of each. 
Then got backing and batting and binding fabric ready to take with me.  
I'm glad it all worked out and I was able to get it all done. Now it's time to link up to Project Quilting.



Have a Blessed day!
Lynn 

1 comment:

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...