Friday, February 1, 2019

February Line Up

Here's to February.  We have a lot going on here this month and it's a short month.  January seemed like a very long month and I got a lot of stuff done. 
Here was my January UFO that I listed and got done... 

It will be interesting to see how much I can do this month.  We have our family coming to visit for 5 days. Oldest daughter and husband, grand daughter, her husband and 3 children.  We are so excited.  Our middle great grandson will turn 4 while they are here and this will be the first time we get to see our great grand daughter in person.  
Then a week after they leave, I have a 4 day retreat.  That is where I'm hoping to get my February stuff done.  So Here's what I think I want  to work on and do this month. 
For my Quilting UFO.. Charming Fractions I need to get it pinned so I can quilt it. 


Next I will be making a quilt for my Daughter in law.  It may take me all 4 days, but I'm hopeful I will finish the top at retreat. Her birthday is December 31st.  That will give me a few months to get it quilted.   
I did some practice circles and feel like I can handle. 
Next I want to make another quilt for my oldest great grandson.  He had a baby quilt but he's almost 9 now.  Time for a new one.  I've been told he really likes Minecraft... but want to verify before I do all that work.  And since he will be here in person I can ask him and show him what I'm thinking.  Once I have the go ahead I will make some version of this....
 I saw several versions on Pintrest, and since I can talk to Carter I can make sure I make it with the characters he likes best. 
If I don't get to it at this retreat, I have two more in March so I can start it then. 
Other things for February - I have a couple quilt tops that need a border, then they will be ready to quilt.  
I also will be posting another post about my One Monthly Goal.  
I'm sure this is more than enough, considering that I will also have guild workshops and charity projects, and my hand stitching projects....  Oh my.  :)
Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...