Friday, November 8, 2019

Third of Three

Well I am home from my 3rd of the 3 retreats.  I was doing good momentum was going good until I got home then I crashed.  I unpacked a bunch of my stuff sat down and I fell asleep hard.  15 mins later I got a text that jarred me like a cattle prod.   
I thought after a night or two of good sleep and I'd be back to normal, but we have been on the run with errands and appointments so the jury is still out on the good as new thing. LOL I slept for 9 hours we got up got ready and headed to hubby's doctor appointment then from there we needed go to Kingman (about an hour away) to pick up my sewing machine that has been in the shop for ever.  The part it needed was on back order. Anyway when we got home from that it was only about 1:30 or 2pm but hubby and I both were so so sleepy.  He went and hit a bucket of golf balls to practice his game a little and I worked on the "Where I Belong" Quilt that I worked on at retreat #2.  It only needed it's 2 borders and I was able to get them done.  

As I was showing it to hubby, I said yay a ufo done.  He informed me that if it wasn't quilted yet it was still a ufo.  Yes he got a dirty look.  :).  
So at the retreat the last of the trio... I only worked on the black and white pinwheel quilt.  I had my 640 HST that I was making into sashing units.  



I ended up taking a couple of hours to check my hst and re-trim a few of them.  My handy short cut on how I trim maybe isn't the best because some were off.  Anyway that took away from sewing time but I did still get a lot done.  Since I needed 80 I was putting them in piles of 8 so I could count 10%, 20%... As of the end of the retreat I got the remaining 2 blocks done 



and I  am 75% done with the sashing units which is my One Monthly Goal.  :) 

I met a few new people this time and one of them was Carla.  
She was working on a panel and I told her I had the same panel.  Well she bought hers as a kit -
 This is it before she put the last border on.  

And when she was done she gave me the left over fabric and the pattern.  Wasn't that sweet. 
So of course I had to come home and dig mine out.  I think there will be enough of her scraps to make a nice top out of it.  
Okay this post has taken me way too long and I need to get going.   We have an appointment and then hopefully I can come home and do some sewing. 
Hope you all have a wonderful day - Blessings,  Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...