Saturday, November 2, 2019

Pinwheels and HST

Today is my "Plan-a-lot-amus" (nick name from my daughter) day but also my plan of action day.  Tomorrow the 3rd of 3 retreats in a row starts.  This one is 4 days and I am staying over so I'm trying to make sure I have everything I need.  I do only live 30 mins away if I have to come home, but who wants to take an hour out of their sewing time.  :) I usually cook all day on these days, but hubby still has lots of food left over from the last one so other than making him a big bowl of salad, he should be set.  
At the 1st retreat in this trio I started working on a ufo that was my Black and White Pinwheels from 2009 or 2010.


There are 2 more of the pinwheel blocks that need to be made and then there are 640 Half Square Triangles.  At the 1st retreat I got several HST done, and some trimmed.  At the second retreat I got more sewn and this week I've been trimming them.  However - I still have this many to sew together.  
Then I will have them and these to trim. 
Once that is done I can start sewing them together to make a square 
Then two of the squares will make this little sashing unit. 


There needs to be 80 of these units.  So now that I have listed all these steps - what I want to do is link this up as my One Monthly Goal over at Elm Street Quilts. 
 
The goal is to make the 2 Pinwheel Blocks remaining and get all 80 of the sashing units sewn together. Wish me luck  :). 
Now head back over to see what others are sewing and what their goals are.  
Thanks for stopping by - Blessings, Lynn 

1 comment:

  1. Fun blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...