Friday, November 15, 2019

Pinwheel Quilt

When I was growing up, there was a cheesy joke: What is Black and White and read all over?  A newspaper!  Because when you tell the joke you don't know you are saying read and not red.  :)  Okay what does this have to do with quilting you ask - Well I will tell you.  
The Quilt is Black and (Off) White...  The read all over is the fact that when I finished all the components (blocks and pieced sashing units) to assemble the quilt,  the triangles that were the ends to each row do not fit.  
Here I've laid out a few blocks to see how the row go together on the diagonal.  


I read - and read - and measured and Re-read and texted a friend.  Here's the instructions for #4 fabric.
Here are the layout instructions - 



I don't know what's wrong, this pattern was a block of the month and is really old so there may have been a correction and I didn't get - but the cutting instructions do not work no matter how hard I tried.  I can't cut a 5 1/4" sq twice and get it to fit a 4 1/2" block.  SO.... I have enough fabric and ended up cutting more pieces.  I did have to change the smaller triangles to #5 fabric instead of #4, but actually that way the whole outside is the same fabric so it works fine.  Here are the first few diagonal rows sewn together. 
I keep you posted on how the rest of it works.
Blessings,
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...