Friday, November 1, 2019

Havasu Quilt Show 2019

November first and I started it off on the go.  A few of us got together and drove down to Lake Havasu City to go to their Bi-Annual Quilt Show.  I have to say there were some super duper quilts.  I only took a few pictures and I did not get the details recorded of who made them. *Sorry* But I know a lot of these ladies and the ladies that quilt them so I wasn't as concerned with that.  And since my friend Cheryl and I just did two different retreats with people mostly from Havasu, we were all like "Hey There, I know you"  because we just saw them. :) 
Here are just a few that caught my eye.  
This one are blocks of machine embroidery of cute sea animals, but click on it and see if you can see the quilting on the borders.  That is really cute too.  

 I really like the hot air balloons, and haven't had a lot of luck getting to see them in person.  It has rained  or been too windy each time we try, but this quilt with London Bridge behind is really neat.  
 Because I love everything Christmas - this was cute.


 This was really neat too.  

After the quilt show we went to lunch at Shugrues.  Funny we are about 3/4 done with our lunch and our friends from our own guild that we saw at the show - walk into the restaurant.  What are the chances.  Anyway after we're done Jean's Sister Carol hadn't been to Lake Havasu City for many many years even before the London Bridge had been reconstructed so we wanted to take pictures.  

After I took pictures of Jean and Carol we start taking other pictures -
Then this one is because they tell me to go over so they can take a picture of me and then they walk away so I'm like - so I don't have any friends in my pictures.  :)  

Jean was nice and came to my rescue
 Then Donna.  :)
 We had a fun day.  Nice hanging out with good friends.  We went to a quilt shop after this and then home.  I didn't find anything I wanted.  And so my only purchase (other than lunch) was a panel I got at the show.  I want to do an attic window quilt with it. 
The fold lines in the fabric kind of show you what it may look like as window panes.
Tomorrow I will be gearing up for the 3rd retreat.  It starts Sunday morning.  I won't have to do much cooking hubby still has food in the freezer, but I want to do a little cleaning.  I am staying at this one so need to pack clothes and then just make sure all my projects are together.  I also need to figure out what I want my One Monthly Goal to be and do a post for that so I can link up. 
Until then - Blessings,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...