Sunday, April 12, 2015

Thursday - Friday and Beyond

Well I figured I could get away with finishing out the week in my title.  :)  And very fitting to explain what all I've been up to. 
On Wednesday I woke up feeling like I had the flu - so other than taking our normal walk, I stayed pretty close to home.  I tried to do a little sewing, but for the most part I just took it easy and took a nap. 
Thursday I felt a little better so we took our walk and then I was able to do a little more sewing.  In fact I was able to finish the top to the CRQ Charity quilt.   It is hard to see but I used the strips to make a rail pattern around the flag and strip of soldier fabric.  Then I had enough strips left over that I ended up piecing the back.
Here's the back!

Then Friday I sandwiched it and pin basted it.  So I can start quilting it any time now.  After I got that pinned, I put the borders on the next charity quilt, this is for the other guild I belong to the "Stitch N Rippits".  Then I needed to Piece the back and it was ready to sandwich.  By the time I got that done the tables to spread out on were filled so I worked on some other stuff.  

Then yesterday (Sat) I went to my free motion quilt class at Fabrics Unlimited. I asked and they didn't have any more classes for the day so they said I could spread out.  So I took advantage of that and pin basted that 2nd quilt too.  


I didn't make this quilt, only the borders and back.  So now I have two quilts to get quilted.  I used to just make the tops for charity and then give them to someone else to quilt.  But one of my friends said it's a great way to practice your free motion quilting on, so I not only decided to do one - I'm a glutton and decided to do two. One for each of the guilds.   

Today we're going to church and then I will start on these this afternoon.  We'll see how far I get.  
I'm sure I'll keep you posted on that. 
Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn 


No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...